Monday, December 03, 2007

Follow-up to brain zaps

It's been five days since I wrote about brain zaps, and I'm still getting them. I also still have that tuba playing in my ears, and nausea. A couple of other symptoms I developed I hadn't associated with Effexor that I forgot to mention:

  • cramps in my legs and arms: they're akin to the brain zaps as it's very acute pain shooting down my legs and arms
  • muscle twitches: sometimes so pronounced the muscle caves in. It's kind of fun to watch and it doesn't hurt (much) but it can get annoying.
  • mood swings: I' m not the most patient of people in the first place but these days everything is pissing me off. I know it's because the serotonin and norepinephrine levels in my brain are readjusting, but that makes me a real bitch to live with.
Will it ever end? Everything I've read had at least a couple of people saying they tried to stick it out but went back on it. I totally understand it now. I'm tired, I feel ill, I want it to be over.

I mean those damn symptoms, not life in general. No, I like life. It always takes you for a ride. This one's a hell of a roller-coaster.

No comments: